Hand Crafted And Hand Stitched Leather Backgammon Set
We can make you a set to order so please allow up to six weeks for delivery. Please contact us if you would prefer alternative colours.
For Ladies or Gentlemen.....The backgammon board and dice cups for this set are entirely hand crafted and hand stitched. The following items are included:
- 51.5cm X 46.5cm all leather board when open. The playing surface is made of teal, pink and red coloured thick vegetable tanned leather cow hide. The teal area is decorated with random engraved lines which are filled with flexible leather paint in shades of blue and white. The pink and red point inlays are permanently fixed in place with strong leather cement and stitched down with blue linen thread. The stitches are placed in engraved lines to ensure a level playing surface. A raised border made of navy coloured vegetable tanned leather is stitched through all layers around the playing surface with strong red linen thread to keep the stones/counters within the playing field.
- 2 hand stitched vegetable tanned leather dice cups with a decorated teal body. One has a red bottom and the other has a pink bottom to complement the coloured points. They are lined with soft navy coloured chamois leather and measure around 9.5cm high and 6cm in diameter.
- The outside surface of the board is a mid blue/grey coloured chrome tanned cowhide. The hinges are made of a double layer of strong ribbed silk ribbon stitched with thick silk thread.
- 30 blue and ivory coloured 36mm pearl effect smooth acrylic stones or counters (an upgrade to the plastic stones pictured).
- Four 16mm dice and a 22mm doubling cube with gold engraved numbers which are ivory coloured and made of resin.